Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

Friday 13 September 2013

Fontello Social Icon Don't Load Using Firefox (Wordpress)

In my previous post, I have mentioned that I encountered a few problems with my new website Casually-Asian. One of the problem is the social icon just don't load in Firefox. Finally, the webmaster give me a solution for the problem after he search around in the internet.

I'm still wondering why would  the theme webmaster search the internet for solution. The theme was supposed to be owned by him LOL. Or maybe he is just selling the theme made by someone else. The theme cost $40 in ThemeForest and it is called Bliss by Bluth.

At first, I thought that I screw up with the installation. What I did to configure out the solution was I reset everything starting with the webhosting to the Wordpress installation. I contact my webhost support service via email and reset everything. I was lucky I don't have any post yet at the blog.

For anyone who encountered this problem, forget that, it is not the solution. The solution is simple enough. Add a few codes in the the .htaccess file in your root folder. Below is the solution given to me:

1. Log in to your Hostgator cpanel

2. Find your File Manager and click it

3. On the pop up menu select Web Root (public_html/www) and select Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) and click Go.

4. On the left side, you will see a directory. Look for public_html with the world icon. Single click on it and the menu will appear at the next panel on the right.

5. Look for .htaccess, single click on it and click edit at the menu on top. A popup menu will appear and just click edit.

6. Another browser will opened and you will see a few codes in it. Add the following codes below the existing codes:

  

7. Click save and you are good to go.

The social icon is now can be viewed

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment