Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

Thursday 3 July 2014

Beware of Phishing Email From Gmail

A few days ago, I receive an email from Gmail (update). Yes, it is including the bracket. For regular internet user, it is easy to identify any type of phishing. However this is the first time that I receive a phishing email. I usually get Facebook account phishing scam send to my inbox.

I fall victim to the Facebook phishing scam twice but it is not serious. At that time I was very busy and very success with my poker game. I am sure for everyone who likes to play poker will know about Zynga poker and how addictive the game was. It is not real money but some people will do anything to get the fake chips including using phishing technique.

The phishing email sent to my inbox



As you can see the phishing email above looks very convincing. I even clicked on the "view" hyperlink. It even brought me to the Google account login page that is of course a fake one. I open the email again today for this post but the page is already taken down by Google. That is such a relieve because I really hate if someone fall prey for those thieves.

What is phishing?

The act of sending an email to a user falsely claiming to be an established legitimate enterprise in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft. Phishing email will direct the user to visit a website where they are asked to update personal information, such as a password, credit card, social security, or bank account numbers, that the legitimate organization already has. The website, however, is bogus and set up only to steal the information the user enters on the page. - Webopedia
 Final words from me, keep yourself safe on the internet. This cyber world maybe a gold mine for internet entrepreneurs but the danger are also real. No matter how convincing any email sent to you or anything inside your Facebook inbox, please keep away from it and delete the email immediately.

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment